Pages

Thursday 14 September 2017

Happy fifth birthday

Streamers hanging everywhere. The words happy birthday cut out of paper, taped just above a giant racing car cake with five candles on top. Family came from all around New Zealand aunty and uncles from up north or far down south.  All getting ready for my little brother Samsons fifth birthday.

Food food and more food i've never seen that much food in one place and we're going to eat it all. There were all types fudge cakes,cup cakes, mud cakes and delicious  cheese cake. It wasn't all just deserts there was also a sizzling  barbecue and a big hangi just sitting on the table until  five o'clock, time to eat.  

Too much fun if we had any more i'll explode. We had  a big bouncey castle with a giant inflatable dinosaur on top, there was another with a blow up basket ball hoop and a bright orange swirly slide inside. There was more four big bumper balls to bump and challenge any one.

Five o'clock arrived the bouncey castles were empty and the tables were full of food and children. I was licking  my lips just waiting to to dig my teeth into that giant birthday cake. We just finished singing happy birthday and cake was getting handed out. The next five minutes the cake tray was empty but our tummy's were full.

I think that I could say this without a thought that was the best birthday ever. My highlight of the day was the cake and bumper balls. The thing that I didn't like about that day is that Samsons birthday wasn't a birthweek.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fabulous party. I wish I had been there to share all that yummy food and fun. You did a great job of describing the day and the events by including lots of detail framed within a variety of interesting and creative sentences and language features. Well Done Angelo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Angelo you're the best writer in the entire galaxy and the king of the world. Nice writing. From Angelo

    ReplyDelete